What’s in a poet’s bag?: Claire’s bag, 16/06/2009
– The bag itself: a leather satchel I got recently from a fleamarket stall at Meadowsfest. Before I had this hideous mock-croc manbag from Topman because it was huge, and cheap in the sale. I’ve been looking for a cheap second-hand satchel with a shoulder-strap for ages, and this was only £3. Fate!
– Board pens for work.
– Spotty brolly for the Scottish summer.
– Moleskine extra-large softcover 18-month planner, a.k.a my Bible.
– Writing notebook (with stickers pulled of lampposts and whatnot), the second of two bought in Canada last year.
– Kodak Advantix manual camera, plus a spare film, for snapshots. I sometimes cart my digital camera, a Canon Powershot G5, around with me too… but it’s huge, and annoying.
– Reading material: The latest copy of The Skinny // Brikolage zine // a copy of Skin Deep // a few of the latest Read This // the lastest Rattle, featuring Heather Bell // Women’s Work poetry anthology // Growling Softly from Blood Pudding Press // Heather Bell’s flash-fic pamphet FACTS of Combat.
– Random bits: proximity card for work, huge bunch of keys, phone, MP3 player (i-scream) and headphones (Sony), Body Shop lip balm, wallet and change/bits-and-pieces purse.
What’s in your bag? Want to share a photo with ONS? Link me!